10 Ways to Successfully Lose Weight
Because of our growing population and the ever increasing of dementia and obesity, it is especially important for us to try and lose weight to improve our overall health and well-being.
It can be very hard to lose weight. That is why so many of us are obese and some unfortunately morbidly obese. It can be easy to just do nothing about our weight loss and just keep putting on weight. However, this is a recipe for ill health and heart disease if not a rash of other serious health problems in the future. So, we cannot afford not to take concrete and consistent steps to do so for overall health and well-being.
Here are the ten ways to successfully lose weight.
1. Make sure that you don’t start a weight-loss program until you have absolute and deep determination to protect your health and well-being. This will give you A greater chance of losing weight over the long-haul.
2. Make sure that you have social support while pursuing the difficult goal of shedding pounds. A study has shown that in-person support and even support delivered remotely without face-to-face contact has resulted in obese people achieving and sustaining significantly more weight loss than control subjects who got no support.
3. Set realistic goals. This can take some tweaking at first. However, be very determined to modify your goals until they work for you and yield the kinds of results that you so much deserve to have.
4. Do not skip meals. Eat breakfast. During the day, consume healthy snacks. You must keep your tummy happy over the long-term.
5. Resolve to substitute nutritious food for unhealthy varieties. Try to eat the Mediterranean diet where you will increase the proportion of fruits, veggies and seafood you consume. Also, eat fish or other seafood three times a week, red meat once a week, and chicken one to two days a week. In the remaining day or two of the week, eat dishes that include chickpeas, beans, or lentils. They all have great health benefits.
6. Make sure your daily intake of fruit includes at least five different fruits. Ideally, colourful fruits are part of your choice because they have been shown to lower blood pressure and have a number of other health benefits.
7. Eat nuts and seeds for snacks. Make sure that they are unsalted and in the shell. Don’t snack anything in a shiny bag. All of your food should be as close to what nature created as possible.
8. Avoid all you can eat buffets. Under certain circumstances such as these we become insatiable and really eat more calories than we should.
9. Avoid alcohol as much as possible. You can have it occasionally. But it really is a diet buster because of all the sugar that it contains.
10. Take the salt shaker off the table. Add spaces and Mrs. Dash instead. This can help you to not have as much water retention. Also, you can avoid heart disease.
By taking these steps, you will be taking some of the most important steps to lose weight. But also remember to be patient and don’t expect immediate results. This is another diet buster and could become a reason why you cheat.