Eat Healthy Foods to Stay Fit and Live Longer – 8 Things You Should Be Eating!
Healthy eating is the starting place to creating lasting change in your life. Adding vegetables to your diet is recommended but not many people know what vegetables can do for them. Learning the great benefit of adding certain vegetables to your daily diet can help you feel better and live a longer life.
Below is a list of recommended vegetables to add to your meals daily that can give you specific benefits according to each one.
The list of vegetables that are highly recommended to add to your meals:
- Collard Greens – these vegetables can provide beta-carotene, Vitamin E, and calcium
- Sweet Potatoes – instead of eating regular starchy potatoes, try sweet potatoes. Antioxidants through the eating of these will be provided to your system. This may be necessary to provide nutrients to ailments in which you may be suffering. Sweet potatoes can often aid in controlling certain diseases with the properties that they contain.
- Broccoli – eating this vegetable can help to keep cancer out of your system. They have calcium and add Vitamin C which is essential to a healthy body.
- Onions – eating onions can provide lower blood sugar levels and increase flow in the cardiovascular system.
- Carrots – aid in providing beta carotene that the body needs to be healthy.
- Spinach – the raw spinach can add so many good nutrients and vitamins to your body. It is also good to eat when mixed with other types of lettuce varieties.
- Kale – is another vegetable needed to add nutrients and vitamins the body needs
- Eggplant – many people may not know this but it aids in providing nutrients to the brain. Eggplant also features low calories and can be added to pasta among other meals to give variety while eating this type of vegetable.