How To Make 5 Natural Makeup Removers At Home
Love makeup but hate the way your skin feels after you remove it? Check out these natural makeup removers that will leave your skin feeling fresh and soft!
Whether you prefer just a touch of kaajal and gloss or just can’t leave the house without your foundation on, there’s one thing that you must have in your beauty box: a reliable makeup remover. However, most makeup removers are laced with chemicals have the tendency to dry up your skin, leaving it screaming for some moisture. Try using a natural makeup remover to let your skin stay healthy. Here are some ingredients you can use to make a homemade makeup remover:
How To Make Natural Makeup Removers At Home
1. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is filled with moisturizing properties and is especially great if you want to use it as a natural eye makeup remover.
- All you need to do is pour a few drops on a cotton ball and dab it over your eyelid.
- Once you’ve spread the oil, you can rub off the makeup with the cotton.
- This works on super black mascaras and vibrant lipsticks too.
Ever seen any one of those countless commercials where women are bathing in milk? The rationale behind that is that milk is great for your skin.
- Adding a spoonful of almond oil to a cup of milk creates a great DIY makeup remover.
- All you need is a soft cloth or cotton to rub the mixture onto your face and take off the makeup.
Yoghurt is another ingredient that can be used as-is to remove your makeup.
- All you need is cotton.
- Dip it in the yogurt and apply it to your face by rubbing it in a circular motion.
- After a few minutes, you’ll find that all your makeup has been removed.
- Rinse your face with cold water once you’re done.
This method requires a little bit of work but it’s definitely worth the pay off.
- Blend a cucumber into a paste and use it as a cleanser on your face.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties are great for soothing acne prone skin.
- In case you’ve used makeup that’s hard to remove, you can add a bit of milk or olive oil to the paste to help ease it off.
This one’s a bit sticky but think of it as a bonus beauty pack – honey is so good for moisturizing your skin, preventing acne, and lightening it in general that you might as well use this ingredient regularly.
- Just pour some olive oil, baking soda and honey in a bowl and whip it until you get a paste.
- Use a warm cloth to apply it and scrub off your makeup!
So, forget about the super branded products calling out to you from the shelves of cosmetic stores and have a look at these natural products sitting on the shelves of your kitchen instead!
Pro-Tip: Using natural makeup removers will ensure that your skin is not stripped off of its natural nutrients. However, it is essential to use a daily moisturizing lotion like Olay Moisturizing Lotion to help nourish your skin everyday!