Ten Cloud Computing Predictions of 2018 – No.6 Is Incredible
Cloud computing has taken a lead in driving super voluminous and fast innovation ride in cloud technology. As more technology comes on the cusp to enter public clouds, its quantum of innovation gets swollen up. A case in point is the soaring machine learning technology and the other bevy of strings which will now follow a bandwagon in 2018.
After scouring leading researches like that of Forrester’s we have finally incubated a list of top ten cloud computing predictions that will become the lifeblood of the enterprises. Check it out.
- Microsoft Azure Stack sparks a jump in private and hybrid cloud spending globally in 2018.
- Forrester predicts that more than 50% of global enterprises will rely on at least one public cloud platform to drive digital transformation and delight customers.
- Enterprises will shift 10% of their traffic from carrier backbones to colocation and cloud service providers.
- Zero Trust security will become even more tightly integrated with – and integral to the success of – all leading cloud platforms.
- Private clouds will get a new life as app development and modernization platforms, moving beyond IaaS.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google and Microsoft will capture 76% of all cloud platform revenue in 2018, expanding to 80% by 2020.
- Kubernetes has won the war for container orchestration dominance.
- Cloud management solutions will be sold in parts or offered for free as competition heats up for the management plane.
- The Cisco survey estimates that in 2017, the total amount of data stored in data centers would be 370 EB, while global storage capacity would reach 600 EB. These numbers are set to grow in 2018 to an estimated total storage capacity of 1.1 ZB, which is approximately twice the space available in 2017.
- The total global public cloud market will be $178B in 2018, up from $146B in 2017, and will continue to grow at a 22% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
The cloud computing juggernaut has reinforced digital transformation like no other technology disruption before it. Cloud Computing will continue to be big in 2018.
Those waiting for taking aggressive action and take a bold decision on the basis of what has worked before, 2018 will help firms to digitally transform and revitalize customer experiences.
So, there is nothing that can stop you from catalyzing actions and streamline the business operations you were eyeing for. Seize the power of cloud computing with these forthcoming predictions.