A Sound Mind in a Healthy Body
All of us have heard of the famous saying “Health is Wealth”. Good health is a secret of every happy human being. Health can be the greatest wealth in the world. Health is the condition in which an individual becomes sound socially, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It implies that your body and mind should function as they are supposed to.
It can be referred to as a dynamic condition because it is always changing. It can change according to our lifestyle and surroundings. Over the years the lifestyle has changed due to multiple reasons which have led to ignoring the importance of health. It is essential for every human being to stay in good health. Health is not only concerned about your physical well-being but also your emotional well-being. To be called a healthy person one’s body, as well as their mind, should be functioning properly.
The ingredients for good health are a balanced diet, physical activity, sleep and adequate rest.
Benefits of being healthy:
• From child to adult health plays an essential role in proper development and growth of the mind and body.
• If you maintain a healthy lifestyle then your body becomes free from different types of disorders and illness leading to longer life expectancy.
• You tend to look more attractive when you are physically fit.
• For those who work being healthy can make you feel more energetic and you are able to carry out exhausting tasks without pushing yourself.
• A healthy individual does not avoid his duties as he is able to reach his full potential.
• As your mind is free from mental stress you are able to handle the daily chores at home, school, work etc. with a positive attitude making you more interested and improving the output of the task you do.
• Health has a huge impact on one’s overall performance and efficiency. With good health and sound mind, you will have a better control of your life.
An individual with good health and sound mind fully enjoys the good things in his life. With sound mind, an individual can find motivation and strength to do his / her work. Stressful lifestyle and unhealthy habits can adversely affect one’s health both physically and mentally. Loss of good health can lead to loss of happiness in life. To maintain a one’s health, following a healthy lifestyle is essential. Proper lifestyle will lead to the adequate development and growth of one’s body which helps in keeping it mentally, physically, socially and spiritually healthy.