Battlefield 2042 3.1 Patch Notes Include Hit-Registration Fixes
Battlefield 2042’s next big patch, update 3.1, will be released on December 9, DICE has announced. This update includes changes, improvements, and fixes in a variety of areas, including hit registration, bullet dispersion and recoil, and a bug that could cause players to become invisible.
The 3.1 patch also makes balance changes to ground vehicle cannons to make them less effective against soldiers on foot, while it also fixes a number of bugs pertaining to grenades and launchers. On Xbox specifically, it should become easier to opt out of cross-play, while the patch also makes some audio improvements to improve the overall clarity of sound and to give players a better audio experience as it relates to understanding where sounds are coming from.
Now Playing: Battlefield 2042 Video Review
You can find the full patch notes below. The update goes live at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET on December 9, so be sure to set your game to update automatically so you can get started as quickly as possible. There is no scheduled downtime for this new update.
This is the final major Battlefield 2042 update to come before the holidays. The game’s development teams are taking time off for the holidays and will return in 2022 to get the game ready for its Season 1 launch.
In other news, Battlefield 2042 is reportedly adding a battle royale mode soon, while it has been discovered that you can pet the game’s robot-dog murder machine.
Additionally, EA has officially announced plans to create a Battlefield universe, with multiple new “experiences” in the works, including story content from Halo veteran Marcus Lehto’s new team. Additionally, Respawn boss Vince Zampella is overseeing the entire Battlefield series going forward.
Battlefield 2042 Update 0.3.1
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Players that are not the Party Leader can now cancel while waiting in a queue
- Xbox – Cross-Play can now be enabled/disabled in the Options menu on Xbox
- Your Sort settings will now be correctly remembered when refreshing the Battlefield: Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where loadouts would sometimes be empty on the spawn screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection
- Made improvements to ensure Aim Assist is more consistent during console gameplay
- Ranger’s effective combat range and overall health has been decreased
- Made various tweaks to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance and directional perception
- Fixed an issue where soldiers would not always play indoor specific footsteps
- Removed bounce from Underbarrel Grenades when firing at short distances
- 40mm AP Grenades now properly damage vehicles
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 Bolt Action rifles reload animation increased by 0.2 seconds
- Adjusted dispersion values for most weapons, which results in a faster dispersion decrease when tap firing or doing short bursts
- Adjusted dispersion increases for most weapons. It now takes slightly longer for weapons to become overly inaccurate in sustained fire
- Adjusted the recoil values to prevent over aggressive recoil jumps for the AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL, and PP-29
- Improved hip fire accuracy for all SMGs to make them better stand-out from other automatic weapon archetypes.
- LMG dispersion and recoil lowered to improve performance in sustained fire
- Additional improvements to recoil control for all weapons, more specifically automatic weapons.
- Increased close range damage and consistency of the MCS-880 when using Buckshot Shell or Flechette Shells
- Fixed a bug that caused bullets to be fired below the player’s aims for the SFAR-M GL and the K30
- Fixed a bug where vehicle weapons sometimes did not deal blast damage on a direct hit
- We’re reducing the Ground Vehicle 30mm Cannon effectiveness versus infantry. It now overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and blast damage, and increased fall off damage at distance
- Rate of Fire 350 -> 330
- Heat Per Bullet 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heat Drop Per Second 0.5 -> 0.475
- Blast Damage 20 -> 18
- LCAA Hovercraft – 40mm GPL Grenade Launcher
- Blast Damage lowered from 55 -> 35
- The 40mm Utility Pod upwards firing angle is now easier to use
- EBAA Wildcat – 57mm Cannon
- Removed dispersion
- Ammo 12 -> 8
- Impact Damage 85 -> 75
- Blast Damage 70 -> 35
- Increased the time to detonate a Frag Grenade from 1.1s -> 1.4s after first bounce on a hard collision
- Increased damage of Frag Grenades across game modes to deal 120 damage and guarantee a kill on armored players too.
- Reduced Frag & Incendiary Grenade max ammo account from 2 -> 1
- Lowered spotting radius from 30m -> 20m
- Lowered uptime from 30s -> 14s
- Lowered amount of Prox Sensor a player can carry and deploy from 2 -> 1
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue that caused the roaming Occupying Forces LATV4 Recon to spawn at the wrong times or not at all
- Kaleidoscope – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There are now two Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and one at the bottom in BT small
- Orbital – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small
- Hourglass – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small. Also fixed an issue where players were spawning out of bounds
- Improvements on back pedaling into objects when being in prone position
- Fixed a rare issue where players could turn invisible when spawning on a full/destroyed vehicle
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]