Cheek Art and Cheek Painting – 5 Sources of Inspiration
Cheek art (also known as cheek painting) is one of the easiest styles of face painting to master and also a great way to extend your face painting repertoire. Just about anything can be painted on the cheek from simple shapes like hearts or stars to more detailed pictures such as team mascots or national flags. However, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced professional face painter, it’s not always easy to find new ideas. To get your creative juices flowing, here are my top 5 ways of finding inspiration for cheek art designs:
1. Browse through children’s coloring books and picture books, particularly those suitable for preschool children. These usually contain simple line drawings and outlines which can easily be adapted for cheek painting.
2. Search for coloring pages online. There are thousands of online coloring pages freely available. This is perfect if you are looking for a particular design. For example if you want to paint puppy dog design, search for “puppy coloring” and you’re sure to get plenty of ideas.
3. Clip art websites often have simple designs that are easy to adapt as cheek art, and again they are searchable if you are looking for a particular design.
4. Face painting websites often have great pictures of cheek art and sometimes video instruction as well, if you want step-by-step instructions.
5. Children’s clothing stores are great to browse for new ideas. Many clothing ranges for babies and children have some cute emblems or embroidered designs which are appealing to children and generally quite adaptable for face painting.
For maximum effectiveness, let you children show you their favorite designs and let them tell you about why they find those designs appealing. You may gain some insight into the mind of a child which will broaden your face painting horizons!