Guillermo del Toro’s “Cabinet” Sets Crew
Netflix has announced the major cast and filmmakers behind Guillermo del Toro’s “Cabinet of Curiosities,” an eight-episode live-action anthology series set for next year.
del Toro serves as creator, executive producer and co-showrunner of the series which aims to challenge our traditional notions of horror with tales of the macabre, magical, gothic and grotesque. The project was previously going by the name “10 After Midnight”.
del Toro created original stories for two of the episodes, while two others will serve as adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft stories. Notable filmmakers involved include Jennifer Kent, Vincenzo Natali, Ana Lily Amirpour, Catherine Hardwicke, Panos Cosmatos, David Prior, Keith Thomas and Guillermo Navarro.
Here’s a breakdown of who is involved in which episodes:
– Essie Davis, Andrew Lincoln and Hannah Galway star in an episode directed by Jennifer Kent (“The Babadook,” “The Nightingale”) and based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro.
– Tim Blake Nelson, Elpidia Carrillo, Demetrius Grosse and Sebastian Roche star in an episode directed by Guillermo Navarro (“Godfather of Harlem,” “Narcos”) and written by Regina Corrado (“Deadwood,” “The Strain”) based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro.
– Crispin Glover and Ben Barness star in an episode directed by Keith Thomas (“Firestarter”) and written by Lee Patterson (“Curve”) based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft. Cast TBA.
– F. Murray Abraham, Glynn Turman and Luke Roberts star in an episode directed by David Prior (“The Empty Man”) and written by David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel”) based on a short story by Michael Shea.
– Catherine Hardwicke (“Twilight”) directs an episode penned by Mika Watkins (“Origin”) based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft. Cast TBA.
– Ana Lily Amirpour (“The Bad Batch,” “A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night”) directs an episode penned by Haley Z. Boston (“Brand New Cherry Flavor” and based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll. Cast TBA.
– David Hewlett stars in an episode written and directed by Vincenzo Natali (“Cube,” “Hannibal”) based on a short story by Henry Kuttner.
– Peter Weller stars in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (“Mandy”) who co-writes with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.
Production has begun in Toronto on the series which is also executive produced and co-showrun by Oscar winner J. Miles Dale (“The Shape of Water”). Gary Ungar also executive produces.