A flowchart is a process-oriented diagram representing a step-by-step approach to finding the desired result. A flowchart is essential in programming languages as it contains sequential order. However, a flowchart is also very significant in other domains because it outlines the individual steps of any given process in a decisive order.
Drawing a flowchart requires an understanding of the steps, sequences, and decisions of the workflow. At the same time, a flowchart combines the right symbols and tools. In this guide, we will understand the significance of creating a flowchart and how EdrawMax helps you make a flowchart effortlessly.
Why is a flowchart significant?
A flowchart is a graphical representation of sequential order and is widely used to illustrate the flow of algorithms, processes, or work. A flowchart graphically depicts the steps as boxes of different kinds and their respective orders by connecting them.
When dealing with multiple processes or long flows, system engineers tend to create flowcharts as it comes in handy to understand every step-in detail. At the same time, these steps can also help the system engineers identify the weak links and where they have to put out extra effort. Some of the other benefits of creating a flowchart are:
- Flowcharts can help you identify important steps and help you understand the bigger picture.
- With the help of a flowchart, one can remove the process redundancies and refine the overall flow.
- With a flowchart, even a non-tech person can easily understand the flow of the overall process — all thanks to its readability feature.
- It helps in understanding how a process should work.
- By creating a flowchart, system engineers can effectively analyze the overall problem and find a relevant solution.
- Just like an agile methodology, creating a flowchart helps in breaking down a problem into multiple parts that are easy to understand, evaluate, and analyze.
What is EdrawMax?
EdrawMax is a powerful flowchart software that helps students and system engineers create different flowcharts. The 2D flowchart software comes with a pre-built symbol library that comes in handy when you create different flowcharts. With the help of this software, you can create different flowcharts, like:
- Data Flow Diagram
- Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Event Flow Diagram
- IDEF Diagram
- SDL Diagram
- Workflow Diagram
- Audit Diagram;
- And more
In addition to the availability of symbols and different flowchart types, one can access the template community with thousands of user-generated flowchart templates. This all-in-one diagramming tool lets you duplicate those templates, providing you with several customization options and finally exporting the flowchart in multiple formats, including Microsoft’s Visio.
How to Make a Flowchart Effortlessly?
Even if this is your first time working on a flowchart, do not worry, as EdrawMax provides you with enough options to create highly-functional flowchart diagrams. Just follow the following steps if you are also wondering how to make a flowchart effortlessly:
- Launch EdrawMax: Head to this software’s official website to download this flowchart software. Once installed in your system, you can register using an email address and launch the tool to access the pre-built templates and diagram types. Head to the ‘Flowchart’ option under the ‘Basic’ diagram type and click on any flowchart diagram type that resonates with your requirement.
- Blank Canvas: If you have expertise in flowchart making, click on ‘New +’ from the left side and head to EdrawMax’s canvas. You will find Basic Drawing Shapes and Basic Flowchart Shapes on the left. You can start placing them on the canvas board as per the requirements.
- Access Templates: Simultaneously, you can head to the ‘Templates’ section from the homepage and access flowchart templates designed and published by EdrawMax users. The free flowchart diagramming tool lets you duplicate the content and customize it as per the process.
- Add Data: With EdrawMax, you can add data per the flowchart’s need. In addition, you can add different flowchart components to ensure that you outline all the required steps of the entire flow.
- Export & Share: After designing the flowchart, you can export it into multiple options, like Graphics, HTML, Office, and more. You can present your flowchart diagram using a slideshow or share it as a URL in the mail.
Free Flowchart Software
EdrawMax is an all-in-one flowchart software that provides templates, symbols, themes, online resources, and other important aspects that assists in making and sharing flowcharts. Some of the highly useful features of this free flowchart software are:
- Built-in Templates: EdrawMax has thousands of built-in templates that help create 280+ diagrams. From network diagrams to building plans, infographics, science diagrams, etc., you can create all the different diagrams with the help of these built-in templates. Our registered users update the template community, so you will find a new template every time you check the template community section.
- Industry-Standard Symbols: One cannot make a flowchart without the right flowchart symbols. This free flowchart software comes with vector-enable symbols that help create the flowcharts. In EdrawMax, you will find Process, Decision, Document, Start/Terminat, Stored Data, Manual Input, Display, Manual Operation, and other flowchart symbols.
- Connectivity Tools: EdrawMax is a vector-enabled tool that helps ensure the flowchart remains formatted in all the steps. The diagram will remain intact even if you remove a process from the complex flowchart. In addition, every flowchart symbol automatically provides you with an option to choose the next symbol to add to the process.
- Export Options: This free flowchart software can export your flowchart design in multiple options. From JPEG to PNG, SVG, TIFF, PPTX, Docs, EXCEL, HTML, and more, this software provides multiple export options. You can also share your flowchart design on different social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, Line, and Pinterest.
A flowchart is a graphical depiction of a process or a system. In order to correctly and effortlessly draw a flowchart, one requires a basic understanding of the symbols, connectivity options, and flowchart components. With this software, you don’t have to worry about creating and sharing your flowcharts with your team. This free flowchart software is trusted by 25 million users worldwide for the amazing features it has to offer. If you plan to create a flowchart, check out EdrawMax and free flowchart templates.