Rare PEZ Dispensers – Is Yours Worth Anything?
Did you know that there are actually rare PEZ dispensers that are worth a lot of money? There are hundreds of PEZ dispensers that have been produced, including ones for popular cartoons and even movies. Take into account the vast number of PEZ candy dispensers out there, with the different variations of each one, and you can easily see how finding out which ones are valuable may be a tough task. If you want to know if your PEZ dispenser is worth anything, here are a few tips to help you figure it out. Of course, you could also use these tips to find rare PEZ dispensers worth investing in. Lots of people are actually avid collectors!
1. Does it have feet? One of the ways you can tell if you have one of the rare PEZ dispensers is to look and see if there are “feet”. At the bottom of your dispenser, is there a part that helps it stand up right? If not, it was probably made before 1987. Rare dispensers that are older like that are worth more.
2. How it is packaged (if at all) will also play a role in how valuable it is. MOMC stands for Mint on Mint Card. This is the most valuable, as it has the card and has not been scratched, bent or damaged in any way. Next valuable is MOC, which stands for Mint on Card. This means it’s on cardboard and is covered with a plastic blister. After that is MIB, which means Mint in Bag. MIB means your PEZ
dispenser is in a cellophane bag. The least valuable is a one that is not packaged at all.
3. The older ones are usually more valuable. Check the patent number on your PEZ dispenser. There will be a lot of numbers, but just go by the first two. For example 2,604,331 would be shortened to just 2.6 There are five different “groups” it could fall in:
• 2.6 – If it falls in this group, then it is from 1952
• 3.4 – If it falls in this group, then it is from 1968
• 3.9 – If it falls in this group, then it is from 1976
• 4.9 – If it falls in this group, then it is from 1990
Of course, if you’re serious about finding the most valuable ones you could invest in a price guide. They are very helpful, because it can be a challenge to figure out if your dispenser is worth a lot of money. There are different variations of dispensers. For instance, a Batman dispenser could sell for over $175… but not just any Batman one. It has to be the right one. The one that sells for that has a gray base and a soft head. It is also one of those ones with no feet like we talked about earlier. So if your Batman PEZ dispenser has feet, a black base and head and is MOC – you’re actually only going to get a few bucks for it. PEZ dispenser price guides will be able to help you identify each one’s worth much easier.