Tips When Buying A Bed From The Original Mattress Factory
It goes without saying that you should choose a comfortable mattress, so your body can fully sleep, and relax after a stressful day at work. An old mattress or wrong mattress can hamper your optimum relaxation and hinders you from getting a sound sleep. If your mattress shows signs of wear, like sagging, holes, or the coils are already about to protrude, it’s high time to buy a new mattress from a trusted supplier, like The Original Mattress Factory.
In this post, you’ll learn how to buy a new bed from one of the key players in The Original Mattress Factory.
Know Your Mattress Needs and Preference
Before heading to the mattress store, it’s important to assess your needs as a sleeper. Are you a stomach sleeper, back sleeper, or side sleeper? There are recommended types of mattresses for each type of sleeper.
For instance, memory foam with medium or medium-firm firmness level is an excellent option for side sleepers. It offers enough contouring support. Side sleepers tend to have pressure points in the shoulders and hips, so memory foam helps relieve these pressure points.
Here are the other important considerations when assessing your mattress needs and preference:
- Weight: Your weight matters when choosing the best mattress for you. There are different mattress design needs, features, and functionality that heavy people need to consider for comfortable and well-supported sleep. Check the weight capacity of the bed when you search mattresses in the store. If you’re buying for a family member who is heavyweight, tell the salesperson that you’re looking for a mattress designed for heavy people to save you time and effort.
- Firmness Level: The firmness level of a mattress differs from one manufacturer to another. So, you should not rely on the mattress level of your old mattress when buying a new one. You can choose from soft, medium, medium-firm, or firm mattress. Generally, a soft mattress falls between a 3 and 5 on a 1 to 10 firmness scale. These mattresses have a 1.5 to 3 inches hug and sinkage range. A medium mattress provides 6 to 7 out of 10.
- Presence of Medical Condition: You probably have back pain issues, arthritis, postural problems, insomnia, or other medical condition that can affect your sleep. According to a trusted source, medium-firm memory foam mattresses are recommended for people who suffer from back pain. Unlike innerspring mattresses, memory foam contours your whole body without leaving any gaps. Also, a medium-firm mattress allows the spine to rest properly in a natural position.
Find The Original Mattress Factory Near You
Because The Original Mattress Factory has stores everywhere, you can easily find the nearest store near you using their online tool. Enter your zip code and search a store from 5 to 250 miles away from your current location. It’s easy to use, and the results provide the complete store information, such as the physical address of the store, phone numbers, and store hours.
Check this store review to know if buying a bed at The Original Mattress Factory is a smart choice for you.
Choose the Right Type of Mattress For You
When choosing the best mattress, select one with the right size and density based on your height and weight. In this way, you can choose the best mattress that will help promote good sleeping habits. Also, you have to check the weight capacity of the mattress to ensure that it can handle your weight and not wear out easily. High-quality queen-sized mattresses can accommodate up to 70 pounds of weight, while king-sized versions can carry at least 90 pounds.
It’s a good thing that The Original Mattress Factory offers customizable beds and mattresses you can choose from. So, what type of mattress is perfect for you?
Here are the different types of mattresses you can choose from:
- Memory Foam Mattresses: This type is made of different density layers of foam that will respond according to temperature and weight, giving added comfort when in use. These will contour to your body shape as you shift from one position to another, reducing pressure points and relieving pain when sleeping.
- Latex Mattresses: They’re better than memory foam types in terms of support.
- Innerspring Mattresses: Ideal for people who are overweight, innerspring variants have built-in, individually enclosed coil springs. The higher the coil count, the more difficult it is to feel these coils on your body. If you have consistent back pain, then purchase versions that have a higher firmness level.
- Air Mattresses: Not to be confused with blow-type air beds, these mattresses look like the standard innerspring mattresses, yet have air-filled chambers instead.
Test The Mattress
If you’re buying in a store, like The Original Mattress Factory, you have to make sure to test the product by lying on it, and tossing and turning like you normally would when you sleep. Do this for at least 10 minutes to really feel the mattress. Let the salesperson know that you would like to test the item before making a purchase.
When buying a bed or mattress from The Original Mattress Factory, it’s important first to assess your mattress needs and preference. Use the ‘Find a Store’ tool to search for the nearest store near you. Also, you should consider choosing the right type of mattress for you based on your sleeping position, comfort, and presence of any medical condition. Lastly, don’t forget to test the mattress so you won’t get into trouble returning a wrong mattress.